Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe in the newspaper a few years ago. They are super cute and really tasty.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat first five ingredients over low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate and vanilla.
- Beat until chocolate is melted.
- Pour into prepared buttered pan.
- Cool at room temperature for 3 to 4 hours.
- Using a round cookie cutters, cut the cake into three different sizes.
- Stack on top of one another, biggest on bottom.
- Sprinkle glazing sugar over the cakes.
- These make really cute decorations / desserts.
I'm not much of a fudge maker but by golly this one came out great - as long as kept in the fridge. Since you didn't specify what size pan I first went for a 9X13 which I soon realized would make the cakes much too thick for a single serving treat so I transferred the fudge to a standard size cookie sheet. I kept the fudge in the fridge overnight and used a set of small biscuit cutters to make my circles, completing six small festive desserts. These were a hit! Were I do this again I'd consider using aspic cutters as these, I think, would be a better size (for us, anyway) Thanks for such a cute idea.
i followed this recipe exact and i was soo excited to try them but the "fudge" never set i left it out for over 8 hours with no change then i tried to make it again and put it in the fridge and still never set properly. i really wanted this to work out and be as beautiful as your picture but alas i failed