Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
Easy dessert Serve alone or with ice cream. Try giving some out for Halloween!!
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Combine first three ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring for 2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and chips until they melt.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir and drop quickly onto wax paper.
- Chill till firm.
We liked these very much, but they never quite set. I put them in the fridge and they were always sort of squishy and therefore did not make good lunchbox treats as they got all over the kids' hands. But very tasty!