Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an antique recipe from Pillsbury from the Peter Pan administration. My son's and youngest daughter's third grade teacher loved this recipe. In my family the chopped nuts are optional.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package Pillsbury yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease 13x9 pan.
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, butter, nuts and egg until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups for topping.
- Press remaining mixture evenly into pan.
- In a small saucepan mix condensed milk and semi sweet morsels.
- Cook on low heat untl morsels are melted.
- Stir well. Pour over base.
- Sprinkle with crumbs.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes until filling is set and crumbs are golden brown.
These are soooo easy and very yummy .I did not and the nuts and they still turned out perfect.Thanks for posting this recipe.
I made these for a meeting and people were just RAVING about them! They're truly quite yummy, and impossibly easy to make. I haven't had great luck with making bars/cookies out of cake mix, but this recipe is a winner. Thanks!
These were very yummy!! They only lasted two days in my house, and there are only 3 of us! Made as directed using all the ingredients listed. Very easy to make and very quick! Thanks for the great recipe!