Recipe by Doglover61(aka Earnhardt)
This is a recipe I have made for Christmas for years. They never last long because they are really yummy!! Yield approximate. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Djop66
I'm so sorry, but I just didn't like these. They are way too sweet and I LOVE sweet. Mine are sticky and have to be kept in the fridge or the chocolate melts all over. I have made krispie treats with corn syrup before, but it calls for the corn syrup to be boiled to soft ball stage, which makes it set up and stay firm even at room temp. Again, sorry to give such a low rating.
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup.
- Melt over low heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and sugar.
- Add Rice Krispies, mixing lightly until well coated.
- Spread in buttered 13x9-inch pan.
- Chill until firm.
- Cut into squares.
- Store in refrigerator.