Recipe by HeatherFeather
Rich nutty, chocolatey, chewy cookies that resemble reindeer hooves. You may use regular sweetened condensed milk if you like, but they won't be as dark and chocolatey. Cooking time is per batch in the oven at a time. NOTE: if you are unable to find the chocolate version of sweetened condensed milk, try this recipe Chocolate Sweetened Condensed Milk - Copycat
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (chocolate flavor or regular)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz.)
- 1 cup peanut butter chips (6 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 5 dozen pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, milk, and both flavors of chips in a saucepan stirring constantly, heat until melted together.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla, flour and chopped nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press a pecan half into each one.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven 5 minutes (DO NOT OVERBAKE).
- Remove to wire racks to cool.