Prep 2 mins
Cook 9 mins
this is a microwave recipe that I use.... It also can be done in the saucepot on the stove....
Make and share this Fudge Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a large glass measuring bowl and place in the microwave.
- On 70% power-- 6 minutes stir well.
- On 70% power-- 3- 4 minutes until a full rolling boil.
- Cool completely-- Stir in the vanilla-- Beat with a mixer until thick--.
Quickly made up a Mexican Chocolate cake before leaving the house on Sunday morning - afternoon saw to the icing and found I had no icing sugar.After searching I decided to go to your recipes and just as I thought - there was an andypandy recipe that filled the bill. While I didn't have the chocolate chippits many of the recipes called for I did have the unsweetened chocolate. Saved the day! Love how easy it was to make. Your directions were right on for my microwave and the amount of icing just right for the large pan used for the cake. Thank you - a really good fudgy frosting that I have added to my recipe file.