Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
Delicious frosting for my "Fudge Cake" or any chocolate cake recipe! Very decadent! (Cook time is after mixture comes to rolling boil)
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml light corn syrup
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 56.69 g unsweetened chocolate, cut up (or 6 TBSP.cocoa plus 4 tsp. shortening)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients except vanilla in sauce pan.
- Stir over low heat until chocolate and shortening melt.
- Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and beat until lukewarm.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat until looks ready to spread.
- Use to frost my Fudge Cake or your favorite chocolate cake recipe!
This did not turn into frosting at all.I went by the recipe exactly.It just turned into a pale blob of sugary slop.All those ingredients ended up in the garbage.I was skeptical about making an icing without icing sugar,I didn't have any.I should have just went and bought some and made my usual recipe.
Oh my goodness! I used butter instead of shortening and it came out perfect.
i just made this. i found that after it boils for the solid minute, it was really easy to pour into my kitchen aid mixer and set it on speed 2 to stir until it was ready to spread. i might try chilling my metal bowl in the frig prior to "stirring" next time to speed it along. i had to work quick to spread it on my cake but found it easier with a knife over a spatula! (took 15 min in the mixer... i think the metal bowl held heat so it took longer than it normally would) tastes just like fugde!!