Recipe by MizzNezz
Enough to frost top and sides of two 9 inch layers.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Hi MizzNezz, I tried this recipe because I didn't care if it did turn out to be a glaze or not,and wanted to see if I could make it turn out right,I used a themometer to get the right temperature,and it turned out real nice,it wasn't a glaze,so I think maybe the other lady just didn't get it to temperature or something.Anyway it was delicious.Thanks,Darlene
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 5 teaspoons butter, room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sugar, corn syrup, milk and chocolate, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
- Continue cooking to 232°F, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; add butter, and cool without stirring until the bottom of the pan is lukewarm.
- Add vanilla and beat until creamy and just barely holds its shape.
- Frost cake quickly before frosting hardens.