Recipe by Recipe Junkie
These look so tempting and delicious! The filling is made with a brownie mix. From Simple and Delicious magazine
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18 ounce) package fudge brownie mix (13 inch x 9 inch pan size)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- chopped walnuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- Press onto the bottom of a 15 inch x 10 inch x 1 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients.
- Spread over hot crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until set.
- Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Spread melted chocolate over filling.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.