Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are absolutely FANTASTIC! The filling is thick, gooey, smooth, and wonderfully chocolatey; the cookie bases are buttery and chewy. They take a few minutes to put together but assembly is easy. They'll go really fast!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar or 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, then the vanilla until smooth and well blended.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture just until combined; do not overmix.
- Spread half the batter in the prepared pan.
- Stir together the melted chocolate and condensed milk to form a fudge-like mixture; spread in an even layer over the batter.
- Cover with the remaining batter.
- (The easiest way to do this is to drop little mounds of dough over the filling. Then, using your fingertips, pinch the pieces together until they make a fairly even layer. You won't be able to cover the filling completely--that's okay.) Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick tests done.
- Cool on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
Ohhhhh......... I know it says JamesDean'sGirl... but I think you might be the devil, cause these are the most sinful thing I've had in a while! Next time, to compensate for the terrible airbake pan I have, I'll make this at 350 rather than 375. I couldn't let these cool all the way cause that's how I roll ;-) and they are gooey chocolate deliciousness, and way to rich to eat more than a bit at a time. I got 24 bars from this, and even at that, they are almost (almost!) too large for how rich they are. I might cut back a bit on the chocolate chips in the filling next time so there is more blondie around it, but still, fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
these are grrrreat! seriously delish. everything i look for in a decadent dessert and then some. reminiscent of hot fudge sundaes and chocolate chip cookies - all combined in a wonderful little package of a bar. yum. all raves from the crowd - this beats many desserts ive had out in restaurants and is relatively painless to put together. i served mine warm, with a tiny scoop of vanilla ice cream and fudge sauce swizzle. thanks so much for posting this - its a hit!!! :)
I made these this week and they are delicious! I followed it as written and it was so easy to prepare. The method mentioned to spread the topping worked great. Excellent fudgey texture and flavor. Thanks for sharing.