Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is super easy and tastes like a gourmet cookie bar! Everyone loves these!
- 396.89 g sweetened condensed milk (14 oz can, NOT evaporated milk! Can use fat-free sweetened condensed as well!)
- 473.18 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 1020.58 g refrigerated sugar cookie dough, dough rolls. this is 2 rolls. (can use chocolate chip dough as well)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and butter; cook over low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring often.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Using floured hands, press 1 1/2 of the rolls of cookie dough into a 15x10 inch backing pan.
- Pour cooled chocolate mixture evenly over the cookie dough in the pan.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the chocolate mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minute.
- Cool and cut.
I made a half batch of these in a 9x9 pan as nranger7 did. I found that these were completely gooey with a crunch top but the next day they were better but still very fudgy which worked out alright as my family loved them and were eating them right out of the pan so there was no need for them to be completely solid. Anyways this was very easy and delicious.
Wow! These came out a lot better than I expected! Very rich, thick and fudgy in the middle. Yum! The sugar cookie came out soft - not hard as a rock like most bars I make. However, I didn't use refrigerated sugar cookies. Someone gave me a package of Betty Crocker mix and I don't like sugar cookies very much so I was looking for a recipe like this to use it up. Since I only had the one package, I used a square 9x9 inch pan and didn't crumble any dough on top. I had a hard time keeping the chocolate mixture from burning on the stove. Didn't taste burnt though! Yay! Thanks so much!