Recipe by SilentCricket
This sauce can transform ice cream or other desserts into a delicious delight! Or, you can use this sauce in your fondue pot with your favorite dippers for a sweet treat!
Top Review by Susiecat too
Yum, yum, yum. This beats the store-bought stuff by a mile. I'm thinking some flavor options might also be good -- like a bit of cinnamon, or some chipotle pepper, or ooohhhh a combination of cinnamon and chipotle pepper . . . . Anyway, delicious hot fudge sauce, any way you dribble it off your spoon. Thanks, M & A!!! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk and sugar to rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Add chocolate, stirring until melted.
- Beat over heat until smooth.
- (If sauce has slightly curdled appearance, beat vigorously until creamy smooth).
- Remove from heat; blend in butter, vanilla, and salt.