Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This sauce can transform ice cream or other desserts into a delicious delight! Or, you can use this sauce in your fondue pot with your favorite dippers for a sweet treat!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat milk and sugar to rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Add chocolate, stirring until melted.
- Beat over heat until smooth.
- (If sauce has slightly curdled appearance, beat vigorously until creamy smooth).
- Remove from heat; blend in butter, vanilla, and salt.
Yum, yum, yum. This beats the store-bought stuff by a mile. I'm thinking some flavor options might also be good -- like a bit of cinnamon, or some chipotle pepper, or ooohhhh a combination of cinnamon and chipotle pepper . . . . Anyway, delicious hot fudge sauce, any way you dribble it off your spoon. Thanks, M & A!!! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
This makes a nice fudgy sauce that I used over vanilla ice cream. This was delicious and so easy to make. Later I mixed some with Coke and drank this over ice....remember chocolate cokes at the local drugstore fountain from the 50s and 60s? This took me back quite a few years!