Fudge Crostata With Raspberry Sauce
- Prepare pie crust according to pkg. directions for two-crust pie using 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom or 9 inch pie pan.
- Place 1 prepared crust in pan; press in bottom and up sides of pan. Trim edges if necessary.
- Place cookie sheet in oven to preheat. Heat oven to 375.
- In small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and 2 T. of the butter over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. In medium bowl, combine remaining 6 T. of butter and 2/3 cups of sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add almonds, egg, egg yolk and melted chocolate; blend well. Spread mixture evenly in bottom of crust-lined pan.
- To make lattice top, cut 2nd crust into 1/2 inch wide strips. Arrange strips in lattice design over chocolate mixture. Trime and seal edges.
- Place tart on preheated cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown. If necessary, cover edge of crust with strips of foil during last 10-15 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in blend container or food processor with metal blend, blend raspberries at high speed until smooth. Place strainer over small saucepan; pour berries into strainer. Press berries with back of spoon through strainer to remove seeds; discard seeds.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar and lemon juice; blend well. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Cool; refrigerate until serving time. Garnish crostata with whipped cream, chocolate curls and whole raspberries. Serve with raspberry sauce. Store in refrigerator.