1/76 Photos of Fudge Crinkles (A Great 4 Ingredient Cake Mix Cookie)
These are chewy, fudgy, SUPER EASY cookies that you can probably make right now! I have watched these disappear time and again and everyone is always asking for the recipe. It is almost embarrassing to give it out, it is that easy :) Enjoy! (12/14/06: I wanted to add that Betty Crocker has updated this recipe by adding 1 tsp. vanilla extract, but I don't want to change the original recipe.) *12/22/07: Please see my tips at the end of the recipe! **12/23/08: Betty Crocker has now added a version of the same exact recipe in which the cookie dough balls are rolled in granulated sugar instead of powdered sugar. I've tried this and they're also very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350Â°.
- 2Stir (by hand) dry cake mix, oil and eggs in a large bowl until dough forms.
- 3Dust hands with confectioners' sugar and shape dough into 1" balls.
- 4Roll balls in confectioners' sugar and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 5Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is JUST SET.
- 6Remove from pans after a minute or so and cool on wire racks.
- 7*My Notes*:.
- 8I have tried these with several different cake mix brands. They all come out good, but the Betty Crocker does come out the best.
- 9I was having a problem with my cookies flattening while baking. This usually happens with the generic cake mix brands. You can play with your oven temp and try them on 375 to keep them from spreading. Adding more oil than called for will also cause the cookies to spread -- I wouldn't suggest it, they really don't need extra oil.
- 10Another way to keep them nice and thick and to get the most "crinkled" or "crackled" look is to make them bigger. When I roll them at about 1.5 inches they look prettier.
- 11And my best tip: My confectioners' sugar was consistently being absorbed by the dough. The last time I baked them, I rolled them into balls without rolling in the sugar and let them "dry" for a few minutes. Then I rolled them in sugar and baked. These came out with a nice coating of sugar that didn't disappear.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudge Crinkles (A Great 4 Ingredient Cake Mix Cookie)
Serving Size: 1 (727 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.8
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 147.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 1.4 g