- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter until light. Gradually beat in the white and brown sugar until creamy and light. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Melt the chocolate in a small, heavy saucepan over very low heat. Stir chocolate into the butter mixture. Slowly stir in the salt and flour. Combine thoroughly. Stir in walnuts.
- Shape into walnut-sized balls. Make an indentation with your thumb in each cookie.
- BAke 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes until just done. Cool on a rack.