Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Sinful! That's all I have to say. Don't remember where I received this recipe from though, but no matter. Not really a dessert from scratch but sometimes fast baking is good. :)
- 1 chocolate cake
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chocolate frosting
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 13/9 inch baking pan. If using a boxed cake mix, prepare to package directions. Pour 2 cups of batter into prepared pan, bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt caramels and butter with sweetened condensed milk, stirring until smooth. Spread evenly over cake; spread remaining batter over caramel mixture. Return to oven; bake 30 - 35 minutes longer or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool. Top with frosting then nuts.
- If using pre-baked chocolate cake: EVEN EASIER!
- Slice cake in half so you end up with two rounds. Continue with instructions to make caramel mixture and spread onto one round and top with second round. Frost top and sides of cake and top with nuts.