Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake tastes like real fudge!
Make and share this Fudge Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour two 9" round layer cake pans or one 13"x9" pan.
- Cream shortening, sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- Beat 5 minutes at high speed.
- Sift the flour well.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add alternately with water and vanilla, using low speed on mixer.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake layers about 35 minutes; oblong 40-45 minutes.
- Frost with my Fudge Frosting.
I made this for my son's birthday, and it was a big hit! It's definitely "chocolatey" and moist! I will make it again when I need a nice chocolate cake.
Nice texture....frosting is delicious as well!