Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fast and easy basic chocolate fudge cake. This recipe came from a church ladies cookbook of Maine.
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 unbeaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt chocolate in double boiler with the butter until melted.
- Add sugar; mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time until blended.
- Add all dry ingredients, nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into a well-greased and floured pan, 9x9-inch.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Ice with your favorite icing.
This is such an easy cake to make for the rewards you receive when you sink your teeth into a slice of this cake!!!!! After the cake was eaten to the very last crumb I was asked to make it again. I am embarrassed to say that this cake was eaten within hours of it being made. I iced the cake with a chocolate fudge icing. Congratulations Gingerbee on a terrific recipe. Although I should be cussing you for posting this yummy recipe!! ;-) Chrissyo
Easy and good. My family ate the whole thing while it was still warm.