Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A favorite of my grandfather, this cake makes it's own sauce. A delicious comfort food for those cold winter nights!
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 unsweetened chocolate square, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Mix together first four ingredients in an oven proof bowl.
- Stir in next four ingredients.
- Mix together the last three ingredients, and sprinkle over those mixed in the oven-proof bowl.
- Pour 1 cup of cold water over the entire cake and bake at 350* for 45 minutes.
- Will be very runny on bottom, and cake-like on top.