Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Yeah! My new Weight Watchers Magazine just arrived!! This one is listed as the Recipe Makeover for this issue...
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, allowing the foil to extend 2 inches over the rim. Spray the foil with nonstick spray.
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on high 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds, untilt he chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt in a small bowl. Set both mixtures aside.
- With an electric mixer on high speed, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until thick, 3-4 minutes. Add the chocolate mixture and apple butter, beating until blended. Add the flour mixture, beating just until blended.
- Scrape the batter in the baking pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with moist crumbs clinging to it, 18-20 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a rack. Holding the foil, lift the brownies from the pan. If making ahead, wrap and freeze up to 1 month. Let thaw at room terperature, about 2 hours. Peel of the foil and transfer the brownies to a cutting board. Cut into 24 bars.