Recipe by senseicheryl
Yeah! My new Weight Watchers Magazine just arrived!! This one is listed as the Recipe Makeover for this issue...
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, allowing the foil to extend 2 inches over the rim. Spray the foil with nonstick spray.
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on high 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds, untilt he chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt in a small bowl. Set both mixtures aside.
- With an electric mixer on high speed, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until thick, 3-4 minutes. Add the chocolate mixture and apple butter, beating until blended. Add the flour mixture, beating just until blended.
- Scrape the batter in the baking pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with moist crumbs clinging to it, 18-20 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a rack. Holding the foil, lift the brownies from the pan. If making ahead, wrap and freeze up to 1 month. Let thaw at room terperature, about 2 hours. Peel of the foil and transfer the brownies to a cutting board. Cut into 24 bars.