Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Weight Watchers. This recipe is a 3 point value. To cut the fat, add dried plum puree, which intensifies the chocolate flavor and enhances the fudgy texture.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup dried plum puree (see note)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup brewed espresso or 1⁄4 cup strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, dried plum puree, sugar, egg, egg whites, coffee, and vanilla in a large bowl until well mixed. Stir in the flour mixture until just moistened.
- Scrape the batter into the pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool ompletely in the pan on a rack. Cit into 16 brownies.
- Cook's Tip: To make dried plum puree, combine 2/3 cup pitted dried plums and 3 tablespoons water in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.