These brownies are simple to make and very dense and chocolately... Definitely not your cake type brownie. No baking powder or baking soda is required by this recipe (ie their absense isn't a type-o). If desired, you can also frost these with chocolate icing.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Thoroughly grease a 9" x 9" x 2" pan.
- Reserve 2/3 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Mix all the ingredients except the reserved chips until well blended.
- Press the mixture into the greased pan (I usually use my fingers to do this).
- Bake for about 20 minutes, turn off oven and remove brownies.
- Sprinkle the reserved chips evenly over the top of the brownies and return to the turned off oven for several minutes to melt the chocolate chips.
- Using a knife spread the melted chocolate chips evenly over the top of the brownies.
- Cut into 25 pieces.