- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour, Sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, Chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease a 9" square baking pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate in small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir to blend and set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs until light yellow; add salt, sugar, flour, and baking powder.
- Beat well.
- Blend in cooled chocolate, vanilla and pecans.
- Blend thouroughly.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 35-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting.