Recipe by Abby C
These brownies are absolute scrumptious! You have to try these.
Top Review by Ellene Newman
These are the best fudge brownies I've ever made. I've been making them every week for the last 3 months or so. I do not add the optional chocolate chips (end of recipe) and reduce the flour just a tad. Excellent flavor, outstanding texture!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped nuts, if you like
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, if you like
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom only of a square pan, 8x8x2 inches, with shortening.
- Heat margarine and 1 package chocolate chips in a 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted; remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except nuts and 1/2 cup chocolate chips real hard with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Spread in pan with a rubber scraper.
- Bake until the center is set, about 30 minutes.
- Let brownies cool completely, then cut into 1 3/4x1 1/2-inch brownies.
- Store brownies tightly covered.