Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These brownies are absolute scrumptious! You have to try these.
Make and share this Fudge Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom only of a square pan, 8x8x2 inches, with shortening.
- Heat margarine and 1 package chocolate chips in a 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted; remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except nuts and 1/2 cup chocolate chips real hard with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Spread in pan with a rubber scraper.
- Bake until the center is set, about 30 minutes.
- Let brownies cool completely, then cut into 1 3/4x1 1/2-inch brownies.
- Store brownies tightly covered.
These are the best fudge brownies I've ever made. I've been making them every week for the last 3 months or so. I do not add the optional chocolate chips (end of recipe) and reduce the flour just a tad. Excellent flavor, outstanding texture!
My husband has made these the past 2 weekends, and they are fabulous. He is always on the hunt for fudgy rather than cakey brownies, and I think the search is over. I agree with the other poster that said that these had just the right texture.
WOW!!! These brownies are wonderful! They turned out just right for me..... crusty on the outside and chewy in the center... not cake-like at all and not too doughy or gooey either. They were perfect! I didn't add the extra 1/2 cup of choco chips and thought it was perfect without. And no one will know how EASY these are to make at the way they turn out!