Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are outstanding, better than a regular brownie. Non-fat fudge sauce is available in specialty stores in a jar. Omit if not available.
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons prune puree or 2 tablespoons prune baby food
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup non-fat fudge sauce
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Lightly spray 8 by 8-inch square pan with oil and set aside.
- Melt chocolate, butter, and oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add prune purée and mix well.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Sift together 1/2 cup sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whip egg whites and sugar in a separate bowl until soft peaks form.
- Fold half of flour mixture gently into chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Fold in egg whites and remaining flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until set but slightly moist in centre.
- Remove from oven.
- Drizzle with nonfat fudge sauce when slightly cooled.
Thank you so much - you made me look so good. I made these for my BF and his daughters - they all loved them and never knew that they were reduced fat. Thanks for a hit of a recipe....I knew that I could count on you for a great one! ;)