Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is the brownie recipe I grew up with. I've never tasted any others quite like it. It's very simple and not overly sweet, but is definitely sure to give you your chocolate fix :) I'm posting this because I wanted to share it with all you, but also because I wanted to see the nutritional info, hehe :) We always use heaping tablespoons of cocoa and just dump in the chocolate chips until it looks good. I have also tried putting a teaspoon of cinnamon in, and it was delicious :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter (See note below)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 1/4 package)
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add eggs.
- Then carefully stir in cocoa and flour (stir slowly, they like to puff and make a mess!).
- Bake in greased 8x8 pan (glass works best) for 25 minutes @ 350*.
- NOTE: Instead of the cocoa powder and extra T butter, you can use 2 squares bitter baking chocolate.
These turned out just ok for me.
OMG! This was the best brownie ever. So fudgy, so moist, so good! I made this for a dessert potluck and everyone loved it. They just loved it. It was the only dessert that was finished other than the birthday cake.