Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my mother's recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate.
- Remove from heat, stir in sugar.
- Blend in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in flour; mix well.
- Spread in greased 8x8x2 pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- They are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not overbake!