This recipe gives you your chocolate fix and is lower in fat and calories. Recipe is from Woman's Day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur or 2 tablespoons black coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- light whipped topping (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees; you'll need an 8-inch square or other 2-quart, 2-inch deep baking dish.
- 2Put flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl, and whisk to mix well.
- 3Mix milk, oil, liqueur and vanilla; stir into flour mixture until blended.
- 4Spread in ungreased baking dish.
- 5Mix brown sugar and the 3 T cocoa; sprinkle evenly over batter.
- 6Slowly pour boiling water evenly over surface of batter (resist the temptation to stir).
- 7Carefully place dish in oven.
- 8Bake 30 minutes, or until top is just set and a wooden pick inserted halfway into center comes out with moist crumbs.
- 9Cool in dish on wire rack 10 minutes.
- 10Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- 11Fore a decorative design, place a paper doily on cake before dusting with sugar.
- 12Carefully lift doily straight up.
- 13Serve pudding cake warm with whipped topping.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudge Brownie Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 157.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g