Recipe by Dib's
A chocolate lovers idea of chocolate indulgence. If you wish to make it even more decadent, top with Praline Topping.
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat melt the chocolate chips and butter.
- Stir constantly to prevent chocolate from burning.
- When just melted remove from heat.
- Stir in the white sugar, brown sugar, milk, corn syrup, vanilla, eggs and salt.
- Beat with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Stir in the 1 cup of pecans.
- Pour into the prepared pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until puffed.
- Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Serve warm with the remaining pecan pieces, or take it over the top with Praline Topping.