Dedee Royale's Note:
This is a decadently delicious Brownie dessert cake that happened by accident when I couldn't find my 9x9 square brownie pan. This is for the devoted "Chocoholic". The addition of instant coffee really intensifies the chocolate flavor (a trick I learned from the Food Network). Use real butter and not margarine because margarine contains more water than fat and it is the fat in butter that helps to hold the cake together and moistens it. Otherwise the excess water in margarine will evaporate in the oven's heat, leaving your cake much drier in texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- your favorite butter cream icing
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour standard Bundt tube pan.
- 3Combine sugar, melted butter and coffee mixture in large bowl.
- 4Stir in eggs and vanilla extract,(do not beat) and set aside.
- 5In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- 6Add to egg mixture.
- 7Stir in chopped nuts, if desired.
- 8Pour into prepared Bundt pan.
- 9Bake 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out slightly sticky.
- 10Cool almost completely in pan before inverting onto serving plate.
- 11Spread butter cream icing onto WARM cake so as it drizzles down sides.
- 12Cut along fluted lines before serving.
- 13NOTE: Very rich cake - make small servings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudge Brownie Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.0
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.8 mg
- Sodium 214.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g