Recipe by Mini Chef Ty
You will need your mom's help to make this pie because the mixture gets very hot during the stove part. I love chocolate as much as I love pie!
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk, plus
- 1⁄4 cup milk, divided
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (6 oz.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed and divided
- additional sweetened whipped cream (optional) or whipped topping (optional)
- chocolate curls, garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1/3 cup chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons milk in a bowl and Microwave 30 seconds and stir until smooth. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Spread on bottom of crust. Refrigerate while preparing next step.
- Combine marshmallows, remaining 2/3 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup milk in small saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat, until marshmallows are melted and mixture is well blended. Scrape into large bowl and let cool completely.
- Stir 2 cups whipped topping into cooled chocolate mixture. Spread 2 cups of the mixture over the chocolate in crust.
- Blend remaining whipped topping and remaining chocolate mixture and spread over surface of pie.
- Cover and freeze several hours or until firm.
- Garnish as desired.
- Cover and freeze remaining pie.