3 hrs 15 mins
Mini Chef Ty's Note:
You will need your mom's help to make this pie because the mixture gets very hot during the stove part. I love chocolate as much as I love pie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk, plus
- 1/4 cup milk, divided
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (6 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed and divided
- additional sweetened whipped cream (optional) or whipped topping (optional)
- chocolate curls, garnish (optional)
- 1Place 1/3 cup chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons milk in a bowl and Microwave 30 seconds and stir until smooth. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Spread on bottom of crust. Refrigerate while preparing next step.
- 2Combine marshmallows, remaining 2/3 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup milk in small saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat, until marshmallows are melted and mixture is well blended. Scrape into large bowl and let cool completely.
- 3Stir 2 cups whipped topping into cooled chocolate mixture. Spread 2 cups of the mixture over the chocolate in crust.
- 4Blend remaining whipped topping and remaining chocolate mixture and spread over surface of pie.
- 5Cover and freeze several hours or until firm.
- 6Garnish as desired.
- 7Cover and freeze remaining pie.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudge Bottom Chocolate Layer Pie
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.8
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.6 mg
- Sodium 241.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g