Recipe by LAURIE
A step up from the usual Peanut Blossom cookie. These are quick and easy and tasty too! We like them with the stars for holiday trays but I have also done them with 1/2 a caramel in the center too!
Top Review by Kree
Yum! These cookies are quick and tasty. I made 1/2 with nuts and half without just for a variety and I love them both ways. They're so rich and chocolatey. Thanks for another keeper, Laurie!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (18 ounce) box2 layer fudge cake mix
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4-1 cup chopped pecans or 3⁄4-1 cup walnuts
- 48 milk chocolate kisses or 48 chocolate stars
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut butter into cake mix until its coarse crumbs.
- Stir in egg and water.
- Shape into 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll into nuts, pressing gently into dough.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes until puffed and almost set.
- Place candy in middle of each cookie, pressing slightly.
- Bake 1 minute more.
- Cool 2 minutes on sheets.
- Remove and cool completly on racks.