Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a great summer pie. I never have leftovers. Plan ahead when making it--this needs to freeze.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sweetened raspberries or 2 (10 ounce) packages strawberries, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1 (12 ounce) carton Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (remade 9-inch pie crust)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender process the berries until pureed. Pour into a large bowl. Pour in the corn syrup; mix well.
- Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping. Spoon into crust and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- In a saucepan combine 1 cup of whipped topping and chocolate chips; cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Spread over filling. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving.