Recipe by Kim1
These are so good and easy to make. They go fast for school bake sales or a family gathering.
Top Review by CookbookCarrie
These were quite yummy! I made them just as the recipe stated, but I think the chocolate layer could have been a tad bit sweeter. Maybe it was my chocolate. I'll make these again though! Thanks for a good recipe!
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup M&M'
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine oats, flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Add the butter and mix until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans.
- Reserve 1-1/2 cups for topping.
- Press remaining crumbs mixture into a greased 13 x 9 pan.
- In a saucepan combine the milk, chocolate chips and shortening, cook and stir over low heat until melated.
- Spread over crust, sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Top with M&M's.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.