Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Wonderful little treats, great to take to potlucks (they travel well). I have made these without using the dried fruit, and just with raisins, and they are still wonderful, but even better with the dried fruit!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped candied pineapple or 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, sugar and salt in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, cook 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly (start timing when mixture starts to bubble around the edges of pan).
- Remove from heat; add marshmallows, chocolate chips, vanilla, walnuts, raisins and candied pineapple OR apricots.
- Stir vigorously for 1 minute (until marshmallows melt and are blended), working quickly, drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- Store in an airtight covered container, in the fridge or out of the fridge.