Recipe by Boomette
These little fudge babies are addictive. They're raw. They're from the blog of Chocolate-Covered Katie. http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2009/10/13/make-these-now/
- 1 cup walnuts (120 grams, I used pecans)
- 1 1⁄3 cups pitted dates (230 grams, If you want a sweeter result, up the proportion of dates)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 -4 tablespoons cocoa powder, depending on how chocolatey you want the balls to be (Katie used 4T extra dark)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop/blend all the ingredients, using a food processor, Magic Bullet, etc.
- Roll into cutey-pie little balls. (Use plastic wrap if you need to.).
- I rolled these into balls, but if you want true brownies, simply shape the dough into bars instead.
- **Update*** Version 2:.
- Hot Cocoa Fudge Babies!
- 30 grams cashews, 80 grams dates, 5 grams (1T) dark cocoa powder. Blend. Even fudgier than the original! :).
- (Add mint and cacao nibs and you’re getting into Wild Bar territory. And if you leave out the cocoa, you have a homemade Cashew Cookie Larabar!).
- * Add shaved coconut, mini chips, nuts, or raisins to the mix.
- * Moisten truffles, then roll in cocoa powder, sugar, coconut, crushed nuts, etc.
- * Add oils or extracts, such as mint or coconut.
- * Sprinkle in some ground coffee for a java jolt.
- * Extreme Chocoholic Version: Melt some chocolate and add it to the mix when you add the vanilla and cocoa.