1/1 Photo of Fudge Apple Tart - Microwave Oven Version
This is a recipe I used to make many years ago but lost. I found it in an Annette Human cookbook - but in a microwave version. It's a delicious toffee apple pie. Annette calls it "Babsie Bloemfontein's apple tart". She suggests serving it with whipped cream. Although I'm not too keen on the appearance of microwave oven cakes, this one works well because of the fudge sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 75 g butter or 75 g margarine
- 200 g white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 140 g cake flour
- 7 ml baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 ml milk
- 1 (765 g) can unsweetened pie apples
- ground cinnamon
- 250 ml cream
- 200 g soft brown sugar
- 1Spray a 2 l round dish (26cm in diamter) with non stick cooking spray.
- 2Microwave the butter or margarine in a deep 2l dish for about 30 seconds on 100% power or until just melted. Add the white sugar and eggs and beat very well to dissolve all the sugar.
- 3Sift the cake flour, baking powder and salt together over the egg mixture and fold it inches Stir in the milk.
- 4Pour the batter into a pie dish and spread the apple pieces evenly over the batter.
- 5Place the pie dish on an inverted saucer in the microwave oven. Microwave the tart, uncovered, for 12 minutes on 50% power, turning the dish regularly if the oven has no turntable. Sift a little ground cinnamon over the half-cooked tart. Microwave it, uncovered, (still on the upturned saucer), for another 10 - 12 minutes on 100% power, or until done, again turning the dish at regular intervals if there is no turntable.
- 6Microwave the cream and soft brown sugar in a deep 2l dish, uncovered, for 10 minutes on 100% power, stirring frequently until the sugar has melted.
- 7Spoon the hot sauce over the tart and allow it to cool to lukewarm or cold before serving.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudge Apple Tart - Microwave Oven Version
Serving Size: 1 (1697 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3400.1
- Calories from Fat 1430
- Total Fat 158.9 g
- Saturated Fat 93.8 g
- Cholesterol 1084.6 mg
- Sodium 1503.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 467.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.6 g
- Sugars 279.0 g
- Protein 44.3 g