Recipe by Joanne Malyon
This is a fantastic fudge. This is my grandmother's recipe. Actually the French Canadian name for this recipe is sucre a la creme. It's delicious and also very rich and sweet for all you sweet lovers.
Top Review by Don Steele
Joanne,I usually make something for the staff at my Doctor's office when I have an appointment. Did a search on fudge ,and having lived in Quebec for a good part of my life ,was attracted to the simplicity of this recipe. It turned out super,all raved about it..Thanks for posting....Don Steele
- 1⁄2 lb butter (do not use margarine)
- 3 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk (carnation)
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In pot melt butter.
- Add brown sugar and evaporated milk.
- Bring to a medium boil.
- Boil for exactly 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add icing sugar and mix well with electric mixer (Do this fast enough because it will start to harden around the edges of the pot).
- Add walnuts.
- Pour in a 9x9 square pan.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.