Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Takes a bit of time, but well worth the trouble. I do not know how long it takes to cook, but I am guessing at 30 minutes
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- nuts, if desired
- Combine sugar, syrup, and cocoa in a large heavy pan.
- Stir until WELL mixed.
- Add milk and stir over low heat until SMOOTH (DO NOT STIR AGAIN).
- Cook slowly to a softball stage (238°) on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Set pan in cold water until mixture thickens.
- Remove from cold water; add marshmallows and beat until fudge changes color.
- Most of the marshmallows will melt down, but not all.
- Turn onto a buttered platter.
- May add nuts if you wish.
Not good. The fudge I made turned out to be a sticky, goopy mess. It tastes like and has the consistency of corn syrup. This is after I froze the fudge for several hours. Very disappointed. To be fair, the corn syrup I used was quite old. Still disappointing though.