Recipe by WifeyJo
This recipe came from an old church recipe book that has long since lost its cover. I can't tell you what church it was, but it was near Cannon Falls, MN. Credit for this recipe can be given to Mrs. Milford Moe.
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring to a boil the sugar and milk for 6 minutes.
- Take off heat and stir in chocolate chips, butter, nuts, and vanilla.
- Beat until butter and chocolate chips are melted.
- Pour into greased 9 X 13 inches pan.
- Cool and cut into squares before entirely cold. (I use a plastic knife to keep from sticking.).