Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is perfect and very easy to make. This fudge is sweet but not too sweet, just perfect. I like it better with nuts but I assume they will be great without as well.
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups marshmallow cream
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 9 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- grease a 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Mix Sugar, evaporated milk, salt and butter in a medium sized, heavy duty saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stir constantly. Keep the mixture boiling for about 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- Mix in the marshmallow cream, nuts and semi sweet chocolate chips. Stir until the mixture is smooth. Pour into baking pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
what did i do wrong?! the end result is light brown and tastes more like marshmellow cream with a little bit of chocolate than fudge. surely i mismeasured! i used 2, 7 oz. jars plus and estimated 2 oz. from another jar to get to 16 oz / 2 cups. was that wrong?
Really a great and easy recipe. Yummy. Super smooth. Thanks for sharing....DeDe
Boy oh boy was this ever good. Will be making it again for sure.