Recipe by Nana in the woods
This is suppose to be Mamie Eisenhowers fudge recipe. I'm not sure if its true or not but the recipe is good.
- 13 1⁄2 ounces Hershey Bars
- 12 ounces pkg. chocolate chips
- 7 ounces jar marshmallow creme
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can Carnation instant milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chocolate chips and Hershey bar pieces in large bowl.
- Stir in marshmallow creme. Combine sugar, salt and milk in large heavy kettle. Stir until thoroughly blended. Boil over medium heat for 6 minutes, stirring occasinally.
- Pour boiling mixture over chocolate-marshmallow mixture. Beat thoroughly until well blended and creamy. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Put in a buttered jelly roll pan. (15x10 inch pan) Chill.