Recipe by Nelly
This knocks spots off the local take-away stuff. Only a few minutes to make and is miles cheaper. Very tasty, too.
Top Review by LeslieBham
Very good recipe! One of the tricks that they use in chinese restaurants is to cook the rice a day ahead and refrigerate. This helps the rice to come out separate and not clumped together. This would be a great recipe for just leftover rice since it doesnt call for much rice anyway!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 ounces pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 8 ounces cooked long-grain rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a little of the oil in a wok or large skillet.
- Tip in the beaten egg and stir with a chopstick until set.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and stir-fry the chicken, garlic, ginger and pepper over a high heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pepperoni, peas, onions, rice and eggs and continue to cook, stirring, for a further 3-4 minutes until piping hot, Season with the soy sauce and serve.