This knocks spots off the local take-away stuff. Only a few minutes to make and is miles cheaper. Very tasty, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 ounces pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 8 ounces cooked long-grain rice
- 1Heat a little of the oil in a wok or large skillet.
- 2Tip in the beaten egg and stir with a chopstick until set.
- 3Remove from pan and set aside.
- 4Heat the remaining oil in the pan and stir-fry the chicken, garlic, ginger and pepper over a high heat for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in the pepperoni, peas, onions, rice and eggs and continue to cook, stirring, for a further 3-4 minutes until piping hot, Season with the soy sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fu Manchu fried rice
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 604.4
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 251.6 mg
- Sodium 1143.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: