Recipe by Bozo 950050
Great recipe and great for parties! It'll be so hot and spicy but you'll want more. An extremely versatile base for several of your own creations. Use canned tomatoes to make sauce or soup. Try with other seafood on pasta as well. Use less cayenne and red pepper flakes to decrease heat. Add more shrimp to make the recipe with more shrimp. Preferably large shrimp. Downloaded it off some site years ago.
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large tomatoes, diced coarsely
- 1 lb medium shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup beer, room temperature
- 3 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings.
- Clean and devein the shrimp under cold running water.
- Drain well, set aside. In a large skillet over high heat, combine the butter, garlic and Worcestershire sauce; add seasoning mix.
- When butter melts, add the tomato, stir, then add the shrimp.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring evenly until shrimp becomes bright and plump.
- Add the beer and cover; cook for 1 minute longer.
- Serve over rice.