Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
FSD = Fat Smash Diet. From the FatSmashForum.com recipes forum, posted by Mush.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe mashed banana (the black ones add the most flavor)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- apples, chunks (optional) or applesauce (optional)
- Mix and pat onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 9 minutes for chewy cookie.
- For crisp cookie, turn off oven and leave in for about 5 more minutes.
I needed to use up some oatmeal and over-ripe bananas and this was perfect for that. I used (real) brown sugar instead of splenda (I'm not on any particular diet). I did add some unsweetened applesauce, but I wish there was a suggested amount in the recipe. These are not incredibly sweet, which makes them a good snack or breakfast cookie instead of a dessert. I would make these again if I found myself with mushy bananas!
Yummy! I didn't have apples but thought it needed something more, so added golden raisins. They're delicious!
I really enjoy these cookies. I put them in the oven for only 9 minutes to make sure they were chewy. I didn't put any applesauce in them but I do think they would taste better with the applesauce.