Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
FSD = Fat Smash Diet. Originally posted on http://www.FatSmashForum.com recipes forum by jenniam. From her notes: I left out the peanuts and used a little toasted sesame oil instead of peanut oil…………it was very good and could be used in phase II with some chicken, but I have to say that I really did enjoy it with the tofu The brown rice in this dish is nuttier-tasting and better for you than white. Long-grain brown rice tends to be a little milder than short-grain, but whichever you use, be sure to start this recipe using cold cooked rice.
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts or 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup shelled green peas
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas, trimmed and cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 4 cups cooked long-grain brown rice, chilled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Place tofu between paper towels until barely moist.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet or stir-fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Add tofu, and cook 8 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Remove tofu from pan.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper and onions, and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add peas, and sauté 30 seconds.
- Stir in rice, and cook 2 minutes.
- Add tofu, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and pineapple; cook 1 minute, stirring gently.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in soy sauce and peanuts.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cilantro.
This was amazing! Had some leftover brown rice and wasn't too inspired to do something with it. Then I stumbled upon this recipe and I'm so glad I did! I left out the snow peas as I'm on a bit of a budget and for some reason my local store didn't have cilantro, so I substituted with tatsoi. I also added some mushrooms. Thanks for this, I will DEFINITELY make it again!