Big Mike2's Note:
FSD = Fat Smash Diet. Originally posted on http://www.FatSmashForum.com recipes forum by jenniam. From her notes: I left out the peanuts and used a little toasted sesame oil instead of peanut oil…………it was very good and could be used in phase II with some chicken, but I have to say that I really did enjoy it with the tofu The brown rice in this dish is nuttier-tasting and better for you than white. Long-grain brown rice tends to be a little milder than short-grain, but whichever you use, be sure to start this recipe using cold cooked rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts or 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup shelled green peas
- 1/4 lb snow peas, trimmed and cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 4 cups cooked long-grain brown rice, chilled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1Place tofu between paper towels until barely moist.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet or stir-fry pan over medium-high heat.
- 3Add tofu, and cook 8 minutes or until golden.
- 4Sprinkle with salt.
- 5Remove tofu from pan.
- 6Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- 7Add bell pepper and onions, and sauté 2 minutes.
- 8Add peas, and sauté 30 seconds.
- 9Stir in rice, and cook 2 minutes.
- 10Add tofu, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and pineapple; cook 1 minute, stirring gently.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Stir in soy sauce and peanuts.
- 13Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cilantro.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fsd - Fried Rice With Pineapple and Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.3
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 436.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 11.3 g