Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe from the Tyndall, SD, Good Samaritan cookbook. This is a good recipe to use up those leftover boiled potatoes. Great dish for a hurry up supper.
- 8 hot dogs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans or 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 cups potatoes, cooked and diced
- Melt butter or margarine in fry pan. Stir in flour and salt.
- Gradually blend in milk; cook on low heat until thick and smooth.
- Cut up hotdogs and add to white sauce.
- Add green beans or corn, potatoes and cheese.
- Cover and cook on low until heated through and cheese is melted.