Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A unique no-bake cookie combining traditional Christmas ingredients like dates and cherries with rice krispies cereal.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped candied red cherries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green glazed cherries
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2⁄3 cup desiccated coconut
- Beat eggs and brown sugar together; stir in dates.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased heavy frying pan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until dates are soft (8 to 10 minutes); remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except coconut; cool to lukewarm.
- Shape mixture into small balls and roll in coconut.
My family gave this cookie 3 stars. They liked it just so-so. It was very easy to make & will look great on my Christmas cookie platters. It tastes kind of like fruitcake. Thanks for posting.